My Beautiful Family

My Beautiful Family

Friday, January 28, 2011

Week of 1/24-28

Hello there!

Well this week has been a fun one...always busy, but good.  Well, aside from my work...which you know is always stressful.  Other than that, life is great!!

Patrick enjoyed cub scouts this week...we had a Pack Night and he received recognition for all the hard work that he put in over the last couple months.  He had a great time.  I am so proud of him.  As well as all the other boys that were involved.  We have three boys from our Pack that are earning their Arrow of Light!  Amazing!  I am proud of our youth.  They may be a pain in the you-know-where most nights, but it is truly amazing what they can accomplish when they set their mind to it.

Melissa has learned some important life lessons this week.  She went on a job interview.  We will see the results soon, but I think the process is as important as the end result.  I am so proud of her....going in there, being confident, and I am sure she was quite charming!  :)  Say some prayers!  She may be working with kids soon...which I know isn't her favorite thing to do, but she is good at it.  Kids always love her.  (When I told Eli this, she laughed so hard...and for quite a long time...too funny)

Elizabeth is settling down at her new duty station.  So exciting!  She is glad to be out of Great Lakes.  She is as happy as can be.  She is settled in her new Barracks, and even has a job...working in the galley washing and scrubbing (which is what she gets for laughing at her sister!  haha).  This job is only temporary. She is on hold waiting for her schooling to start, which should be in about 2 months.  Once that starts back up again, she will be a busy bee. 

Tom and I are both doing fine...working and embracing what we are passionate about. For Tom, he really enjoys working with the scouts!  He is a den leader, and is getting involved with more and more stuff.  And there is always something to keep him busy!  For me, I have been working a lot on Adopt-A-Sailor.  I love trying to put together stuff for our men and women who serve their country.

Speaking of Adopt a sailor...I am sewing pillowcases for our sailors.  The moms across the country are trying to make 1000 pillowcases...that's quite a few!!  In addition we are stocking a coffee bar on ship.  It really is an awesome experience.  And I love working on things for this group of people. 

Well, dinner is ready...time to eat!  Woo Hoo! 

Sending hugs and smiles...across the miles!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment