My Beautiful Family

My Beautiful Family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lincoln Marti Camporee

Hello! :)

We just got back from this camporee and, I must say, it was a very successful campout.  I really enjoy this particular time in scouting, even though it is exhausting.  We spend a lot of time running from one activity to another (gateway, pioneering project, parade, skit, flag, and the scheduled fun activities to partake in).  When it is all over, we are always worn out, but such wonderful memories are made.

This year, our site was a complete mess!  It was full of MUD!  Ugh!  No matter where you stepped, there was the squish-squish under your feet.  How awful!  We went through clothes and shoes like crazy!!  And I just finished getting everything clean again.  What a time! 

On Friday, while the children were trying to build their gateway, we kept having showers on and off.  Then came down a hard rain and a lot of wind.  These are very difficult conditions to set up camp, but somehow we managed.  It was a late night, but we managed!  Hooray for us!!

On Saturday, the boys finished up the gateway, and then engaged in the day's activities.  My favorite part of the day is around 3pm.  Parents start getting tired and I get to take pictures of all the ones that fall asleep!  This has been a fun role for me for a few years now! :)  I managed to get 3 parents this year!  Woo hoo!!  It is the little things that make me happy!  

On Sunday, we have a very special service called Scouts Own.  I love attending "church" with my scout family and it is a very special time.  Patrick usually volunteers to speak, but he was changing clothes when the coordinator came around and missed out.  However, at the end of the ceremony, the boys and family members got together on the stage to sing "Amazing Grace" (in honor of the fallen police officers this week) and Patrick volunteered to go up and sing with the group.  I am so proud of my boy!  He has such a beautiful spirit!

After this, they had an awards ceremony.  This is the time that we see how our boys did during the competition camp out.  We did pretty well!  We took 1st place in flag and we also received the Jr. Pack Award.  I am not sure how we are still a Jr. Pack, but I do not know how any of that is factored.  I leave that stuff to those in the know!  :)  I am proud of all of our boys...it was a great weekend, with great memories made. 

I hope this note finds you all well!  Sending Love and Smiles to those who are near and across the miles! 

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment